Gastrointestinal Medicine Associates (GMA) is the premier gastroenterology practice in Northern Virginia, with over 30 years of service to the community.
All physicians are Diplomates of the American Board of Internal Medicine and Diplomates of the Subspecialty Board of Gastroenterology. They are also Board Certified Physicians in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Advanced Practice Providers (APPs): Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and Physician Assistants (PAs), are highly trained and skilled medical professionals. APPs are educated to provide health promotion and maintenance through the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses. In partnership with physicians; they evaluate, document, and develop treatment plans commensurate with current best practice GI care and guidelines developed from multiple national societies and organizations.
APPs serve the Practice as the initial medical provider. The APPs are experts at fact and document gathering, initial patient assessments, and problem – solving. They are supported by and have immediate access to GMA physicians when necessary.
GMA believes that all patient evaluations begin with an APP. The patient is best served when the data, documentation, and plans are reviewed with the patient in a clear, concise, and timely fashion. The APPs act as an extension of the physicians at GMA in order to facilitate timely treatment plans and regimens, test and procedure scheduling, and follow up care.
GMA practice interests include:
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Hepatology and Transplantation
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- GI Motility Disorders
- GI Complications of Pregnancy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Please see our Services pages for more information.
External Content Disclaimer
About Privia Medical Group
Our practice is a proud member of Privia Medical Group - a physician-led, multi-speciality, national medical group. The nation’s top primary care physicians and specialists came together to form Privia Medical Group and share in the mission of providing better, more coordinated care to patients.
Our group focuses on taking accountability for the health and wellness of the patients we serve. We use some of the latest advances in medicine to help our patients remain healthy and better manage disease by offering our patients access to innovative health management technologies, proactive team-based care, and an evidenced-based, patient-centered approach.
Here’s what sets Privia Medical Group apart from traditional practices:
- Nationally recognized top physicians and healthcare professionals
- Physician-led, high-performance medical group
- Unhurried, comprehensive visits, with time to develop the right care plan
- Personalized care that exceeds your expectations
- Collaborative, team-based medical group
- Staffed with Health Coaches, Nurse Educators, Pharmacists, and Care Managers
- Same-day/next-day appointments available
- Care reminders and alerts
- Check ins with clinical experts between your office visits
- Book appointments and renew prescriptions online
- Send and receive secure messages with your care team
- Secure access to electronic medical records
- Pay your invoices by credit card, securely and conveniently
State-of-the Art Security and Privacy
We go to extreme lengths to ensure our patients’ information remains confidential and secure.
Not only is our team trained in modern privacy standards (such as HIPAA and PCI compliance), but we also keep your information secure with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption, firewalls, secure servers (including 24/7 surveillance and biometric access), and many more measures to ensure your information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
To learn more about Privia Medical Group and find other Privia doctors, please visit our website.